The Baldwin School is a gorgeous historic wedding venue located in Bryn Mawr with an appearance straight out of a fairytale! This venue is on my top list of unique venues in Pennsylvania – the architecture is so exquisite and eye-catching! It was so great to meet Jane, the events and rentals coordinator, and get some more details on what it’s like to get married at Baldwin! We also worked on a bridal inspiration shoot together to showcase the beauty of this stunning place – stay tuned to see more imagery in the upcoming months!
- What is the style of wedding that blends into the aesthetic of the venue?
Built in 1890, this venue is elegant and charming. It can be whatever the couple envisions. Each wedding is unique and themed weddings work well in this space.
- How many guests does the space accommodate?
We can host a smaller gathering 50 guests or something more elaborate where as many as 275 guests may enjoy seated dining and dancing in one room, 300 guests without dancing. Overall capacity is up to 700 for a walking cocktail party.
- Is there a space for the bride and groom to get ready at the venue?
Yes, the couple can can use both the apartment and a beautiful board room that is situated near the arches on the turret.
- Does the venue have an exclusive/private coordinator or planner?
No, but we are happy to help our clients find a coordinator that fits their needs.
- Is there an exclusive venue caterer or is there a list of preferred caterers? Does the venue accommodate tastings prior to the wedding?
Yes, we have multiple caterers to fit all budgets that have amazing food and are fantastic to work with. They are certainly welcome to come to the venue for tastings, but most clients meet the caterer at their location for the tasting.
- Is there a cake designer associated with the venue or is there list of preferred designers/bakers?
No, being Baldwin is a venue where couples can create the wedding they dream of, so they choose their own bakery.
- What does the venue offer in regards to beverages? Is there a hosted bar, cash bar?
Clients provide their own alcohol and the caterers provide the bartenders and drink set-ups.
- Is there an indoor and an outdoor space for ceremonies/receptions?
Baldwin has two covered porches for cocktail hour and for use during the reception. There are locations for an outdoor ceremony with the ability to move inside depending on the weather.
For a more in-depth look into the Baldwin:
Baldwin is a charming historic venue built by famous architecture, Frank Furness in 1890. Originally built as the Bryn Mawr Hotel it has been an all girls school since 1888. Baldwin is a warm and welcoming space. Guests love attending weddings at Baldwin to relax in the beautiful Main Hall with sweeping staircases and enjoy the outdoors on the 2 covered porches. It truly is a hidden gem.
See if Baldwin is available for your event by contacting them directly on their site!