Pretty on Arrival is a Philadelphia wedding makeup and hair studio that offers services at any location! Marissa – the owner and the artist genius – specializes in weddings and creates the most beautiful, timeless looks for brides and bridal parties! She also offers her services for other life events – see full list on her website! I’ve known Marissa for years now and have worked with her on numerous bridal inspiration and wedding shoots! I am so amazed by all her gorgeous looks – there is an angel-like quality to the makeup looks she creates and the hair is always a dream! I had the pleasure to interview Marissa for the featured vendor series and love how in depth she got!
Learn more about the wedding experience with Pretty on Arrival:
- What was your inspiration for getting started in the wedding industry? When did you realize that this was your dream job?
Years ago when I did my first bridal party I remember thinking wow for what’s supposed to be such a stressful day this is so calm & fun! The whole environment of all the brides & bridal parties I get to be apart of is really what inspires me – getting to be apart of such a special moment in their lives is amazing! When a bride looks in the mirror & says “I feel so pretty!!!” That’s when I realize wow this is a dream come true!
- How would you describe the wedding experience for clients at Pretty on Arrival?
A relaxing morning in the comfort of your desired space to get beautiful for one of the best days of your life.
- What is your favorite part of working with your clients?
Creating their look! By doing both hair & makeup I’m able to create a whole look for my brides show their unique personal style. When we’re able to work together & put their vision to reality I love it!
- Do you travel on-location for the event?
Yes! All services for weddings are on location – glam squad comes to you!
- Do you offer hair and make-up trials?
Absolutely & they’re recommended! Trials are the only services not on location, they’re done at my home studio.
- Do you offer services for Destination Weddings?
I’m always up for an adventure & would love to do destination weddings!
- How long should brides allow for make-up/hair on their wedding day?
Services take about an hour for both hair & makeup per person.
- What are some tips you can offer to brides for their wedding day?
Get enough sleep! So many times the rehearsal dinner is the night before so make sure you’re able to get a full 8 hours cause it’s a long day & sometimes an early morning. Also have your favorite playlists ready to help set your morning mood!
- How far in advance do clients need to book your services?
If you’re getting married during peak wedding season (March-November) I would recommend booking at least a year in advance!
- Please add any other information that might be helpful for brides or share more of your philosophy:
Be yourself on your wedding day, beauty is supposed to enhance your natural features. Also sometimes the only opinion that matters is yours, go for what YOU want!
See if Pretty on Arrival is available for your event by contacting Marissa through her beautiful website!